Forget About Crypto Scams with PointPay! Keep Your Cryptocurrency Safe
Are you ready to say ‘NO’ to crypto scams with PointPay and keep your cryptocurrency safe? Then you’re in the right place. The world of cryptocurrencies is notorious for the fact you can lose all your money without even having time to start your trading journey. However, storing your digital assets safely is easier than it might appear at first sight.
Following simple tips from PointPay experts will help you to avoid risks and not become a victim of crypto scams. This PointPay guide will teach you to protect your funds and keep your crypto safely. So let’s get it started to find out more!
Forgetting about cryptocurrency scams. Best security practices from PointPay
If you’ve finally decided to take control of your crypto assets, it’s already a good start. You might start with using a private wallet, but remember that power also comes with responsibility. Here’s how to remain secure and keep your private keys and other sensitive data safe:
- Even if you found a crypto exchange or a trading platform you can trust, it’s better not to keep your cryptocurrency there for a prolonged period or even longer than necessary. Even though you decided to keep your crypto on such a trustworthy platform as PointPay, experts and analysts believe it’s much better to store your Bitcoins and other tokens in software or hardware wallets.
- However, PointPay experts advise storing your cryptocurrency in a hardware wallet. Hardware wallets store your private keys on an external device like a USB. That’s why they are highly secure. What is more, you can make online payments, and some of such wallets are compatible with web interfaces and support different currencies. Hardware wallets are designed to make crypto transactions easy and convenient, and they’re considered the safest means of storing your digital assets.
- Don’t forget to always enable a two-factor authentication function. Two-factor authentication, or simply 2FA, is another step added to your login process. It offers an extra level of security. Crypto scammers can’t easily access your account as they need more than just your username and password details.
- Come up with a pin code or password, which is hard to guess. One of the most common ways cryptocurrency scammers and fraudsters break into your wallets is by guessing passwords. So forget about QWERTY and 123456. Instead, choose a long and a more complex password that contains at least ten characters, commas, percent signs, as well as upper-case letters and numbers. What is more, never put your 24-word recovery sheet online. It is much better to store it somewhere offline.
- Assume that your laptop, tablet, or smartphone might be compromised anytime. Always treat your devices’ screens with caution!
What else you can do to stay safe and not fall victim to a crypto scam
- Login only to official and secure websites with a valid HTTPS certificate;
- Don’t connect to your crypto wallet or exchange account via public WiFI;
- Double and triple check crypto addresses as scam programs can change it when you send your crypto;
- Don’t keep all your Bitcoins and other altcoins in only one place — it is better to separate your funds.
Dealing with cryptocurrencies always comes with caution and being extremely careful. Unfortunately, losing access to your wallet or a crypto exchange account is almost the same as falling victim to a cryptocurrency scam. However, PointPay experts believe it is still possible to trade crypto and stay safe, and you don’t need to overcomplicate your security. It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned investor or a novice trader — you should find a balance between complexity and security, think twice, double-check, and never make rash decisions.
With that in mind, follow PointPay on social media, and stay safe!
🔥 Buy PXP tokens on Bittrex: https://bit.ly/32VWsci
🔥 Buy PXP tokens on Bitrue: https://bit.ly/3JEreHu
🔥 Buy PXP tokens on BitHumb: https://bit.ly/3qOK6e9
🔥 Buy PXP tokens on WhiteBIT: https://bit.ly/3qJrjRH
💰 Earn up to 20% yearly with PXP staking program in PointPay Bank: https://bank.pointpay.io/staking
💡 Check PointPay Live-Roadmap (PointPay development in real-time): https://pointpay.io/live-roadmap/
🏦 Remember, we are PointPay, and we are beyond banking!