Migration from PXPv1 to PXPv2
Dear PointPay community,
🚀 In order to increase project scaling, we have started migration process from PXPv1 to PXPv2. We have prepared a list of frequently-asked questions (FAQ) with answers to them to address your concerns.
1. What is the reason for migration?
There are a few reasons why we need this:
- PXPv2 is an improved version of PXPv1 smart-contract with escrow services which will enable us to launch escrow module as part of PointPay ecosystem and expand the product line. PXPv1 is incompatible with the products on which we are currently working on.
- During the token sale a lot of customers bought the tokens in violation of our instructions from centralized platforms which do not support custom ERC20 tokens. These tokens can be used later by these platforms which is not fair since they were not the real buyers. We had to reimburse this part of the tokens by our own expense. We would like to exclude the possibility of using these tokens and remove them from circulating supply to protect the community from potential usage on trades.
- In comparison with PXPv1 (just PointPay Token), PXPv2 was named PointPay Crypto Banking Token which endows PXPv2 with marketing attractiveness. It simplifies promotion of PXPv2 and increases marketing traction with lower budget.
2. When will migration is going to happen?
Migration from PXPv1 to PXPv2 has been already completed successfully.
3. Should I do anything to swap PXPv1 to PXPv2?
- If you are an offchain holder inside the PointPay Ecosystem, then the migration has already been conducted for you. You have to do nothing.
- If you are a blockchain holder, you have been already sent PXPv2 tokens in proportion 1:1. Just add the token in your portfolio (see question 4).
Holders from the black list won’t receive their tokens.
4. How to add PXPv2 token in my portfolio in MetaMask, MyEtherWallet or any other decentralized wallet if I am a blockchain holder of PXP?
Please add PXPv2 token manually using the following data:
5. Which token will be listed? PXPv1 or PXPv2?
PXPv2 will be listed on trades. We do not support PXPv1 anymore.
6. Was an audit conducted for PXPv2?
Yes, for sure. As part of listing process, the security audit has been conducted by Certik. No critical issues found. Link to the audit: https://cdn.pointpay.io/Certik_audit_PXPv2Token-2021-06-25.pdf
7. Has the tokenomics changed?
The tokenomics has not been changed.
8. Could you share the link for PXPv2?
💡Check PointPay Live-Roadmap (PointPay development in real time): https://pointpay.io/live-roadmap/ (July 5 — July 10, 2021)
📅 Check PointPay Roadmap: https://pointpay.io/#roadmap
👪 Discuss the project in PointPay Family Telegram chat: https://t.me/pointpay_talks